We all know that when you’re out for a drive, your Four-wheel drive is likely to break down when you least expect it. You know that you can’t carry your workshop with you everywhere you go.
So, why not take a “workshop” in a box? You should look for a good portable tool kit to carry with you on the back of your Four-wheel drive at all times.
We would like to help you know what to look for in a quality portable tool set that can be carried in your vehicle and ensure you have the tools you might require when you head out on your next trip. A professional toolkit requires the following things:
1. 1/2-inch drive socket sets –It should run all the way up to 32mm, which will allow you to do pinion nuts and also the steering wheel suspension.
2. A good set of pliers –It should have a soft handle, but a tough end. You need long nose pliers, water pump pliers, a pair of side cutters, combination pliers, etc.
3. Screwdrivers are very important –A screwdriver set should have flat and Phillips included. It requires a soft-grip handle that imparts a lot of torque. A two-part resin handle that gets sticky when you pick it up with dirty, oily hands also comes in handy.
4. A complete set of combination spanners with the ring and open on one end, offset 15 degrees and flank drive at the ring end is a handy tool to add to your truck. It doesn’t run nuts off and also good for getting rid of nuts that are already rounded-off.
5. A sturdy case –Of course, you want your portable tool set to last. So, look for a sturdy case. One made of ABS plastic. Go for one with resin handles, metal latches, a steel pin at the back, and rubber construction at the bottom that don’t scratch.
Remember, you can carry this portable toolkit on the back of your Four-wheel drive with lots of your other items. Choose one with warranty. Always ensure the tools you use are as tough as the truck you drive.
Check out one of our sets here